Flexible Solutions from Policies to Tools (cont.)
Land-Use Policy - Land Access and Rights - Agricultural Production - Food Security - Poverty Reduction
Reliable land management and land administration are important pre-conditions to enable sustainable agricultural production in favor of the local population. Sustainable land management is therefore one of the core elements in achieving food security and poverty reduction.
- Land access and property rights will protect local initiatives and investments for land improvement (e.g. rural infrastructure and irrigation).
- Good rural infrastructure and safe land access will stimulate and enable farmers to produce sufficient crops.
- Reliable services will allow farmers to protect and manage their harvest and to have access to local markets. This is key for food security, income generation and thus a contribution to poverty reduction.
- Sustainable land management will enable rural communities to fight land grabbing.
Sustainable Cooperation - Training and Education
Long-term success of projects depends on skilled and motivated staff. The motivation comes from sound education and positive professional perspectives. Cooperation projects therefore need a clear vision of staffing, professional development and training.
- Education on vocational and university level will prevent brain drain.
- No education without practical training – training on-the-job.
- Stable staff situations enables projects to be successful projects.